The Scottish Retired Teachers' Association
- Helps you keep in touch with former colleagues and to make new friends, through social events
- Monitors issues related to teachers' pensions
- Works with other stakeholders to protect our interests
- Campaigns at Westminster and Holyrood
- Helps keep members informed of current issues affecting pensions
Welcome to the Scottish Retired Teachers' Association!
SRTA was founded in 1950 and has campaigned for retired teachers in Scotland ever since. There are SRTA branches all over Scotland. We comprise members from every type of educational establishment in Scotland. We are the only organisation dealing with the concerns and needs of retired teachers in Scotland. We are active members of the Public Service Pensioners Council (PSPC) which looks after the needs of all public service pensioners. We endeavour to inform MPs and MSPs of any adverse effects of government policy on pensions.
How can our voice be strong?
As pensioners we are potentially a powerful and influential group. We may soon be the largest group in the UK eligible to vote. Your membership is very important, even if you do not wish to become actively involved. As we grow we will have more power and influence. Join us to protect and improve conditions for retired teachers in Scotland.