Why Join SRTA?
As pensioners we represent a powerful lobbying group. We may soon be the largest group in the UK elegible to vote. And we do vote!
But pensions and pensioners are constantly under review and attitudes to pensions, to certain age groups and to public service in general have changed over recent years. Some would say that the climate is rather hostile at present.
As pensioners we no longer have the power of the unions behind us. It is vital for us to have a strong voice and to make it heard in the corridors of power and in the public arena.
Thus, your local membership is very important, even if you do not wish to become actively involved. Local branches provide a meeting ground for old and new friends.
As we grow we will have more power and influence.
JOIN US to help protect and improve conditions for retired teachers in Scotland.
There will be a branch near you.
- Each branch decides its own way of working, elects its own office bearers, and decides its events, both social and business.
- There you can keep in touch with old friends and colleagues and find new friends. It is an excellent network.
- You can also become involved at national level, attending meetings of the National Executive Committee as a representative of your branch.
- All members may attend the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING, usually held in June. After business, refreshments, including wine, will be served.
- Travel and other expenses are paid for attendance at meetings.
- Each branch will charge a small subscription, while some have Life Membership arrangements. It is not expensive to be a member of the SRTA!
- Individual members are always welcome if there is no local branch available. All benefits and rights apply to those members.
Download the joining form
by clicking the button below, or by clicking the Downloads / Links button and choosing the joining form. Then post it to the address provided.